Today was perfectly uneventful. I opted to take the road that ran alongside the Cowboy Trail rather than the bike path itself. As nice as the trail is, I much prefer the speed and smoothness that pavement offers. Plus, you don’t get as much grit and dust all up in your working parts (this goes for the bike and the rider). The only real benefit of the trail is that it keeps you away from traffic, but with the shoulder as generous as it is along Routes 275 and 20 that’s not a big concern for me. Maybe if my entire trip was only going across Nebraska, then I’d consider dawdling along the trail, but with somewhere around 1600+ miles still to go I need to churn through the distance as efficiently as I can.
What I Learned: It’s inevitable that you’ll have days where nothing interesting happens at all.
Distance Today: 68 miles
Total Distance: 1,946 miles
No comments:
Post a Comment